You are here

Work Permits for International Students

International student can work in Taiwan after studying for a year. Work permit is required and can be applied to the Bureau of Employment and Vocational Training. Please contact with the Secretary for details and assistance.

According to the Employment Services Act (Item 68), international students who wish to work in Taiwan (either on campus or off campus) are required to apply for and obtain a work permit before starting work. Foreigners who work without a work permit will be fined from NT$30,000 to NT$150,000 and may lose their residence eligibility and be deported. Under Item 63 of the Act, the employer of a foreigner without a work permit will be fined from NT$150,000 to NT$750,000.

A work permit is valid for at most six months.

(1) For applications made in the first semester (fall semester), the work permit is valid until March 31st of the next semester.
(2) For applications made in the second semester (spring semester), the work permit is valid until September 30th of the same year.
(3) Students who wish to continue their job beyond six months must apply for a new work permit before the original one expires.

International students are allowed to work a maximum of 16 hours per week during regular semesters. This limit does not apply during winter and summer vacations.

BEVT (Bureau of Employment and Vocational Training)
Add 嚗83, Yang-Ping N. Rd., Sec. 2, Taipei, Taiwan 10346
TEL 嚗(02)8590-2567
Service Hour 嚗Mon.-Fri. 8:30am-12:30pm & 13:30pm-17:30pm
Service Hour for Foreign Workers Application 嚗 Mon.-Fri. 8:30am-17:30pm in person
E-mail 嚗
Website 嚗

Copyright 2015 © Soochow University., All Rights Reserved., Best Resolution in 1024 x 768 Pixel. | Contact Us | Home | Website Management-Serena Chiang